Saturday, January 8, 2011

some thoughts about a few movies....


I consider myself an all-around “cultured” person. I enjoy a little of everything. I enjoy watching a lot of movies just to see them and know what’s out there. I usually enjoy movies that come from Sundance or other film festivals and that are not commonly known or didn’t make it to theatres. They usually have a certain trait to them that makes you want to watch them many times. One in particular is “Lars and the Real Girl.” If you have never seen that movie then I recommend you see it! Lars and the Real Girl movie review
Lately there have been many people posting about how great of a movie “Salt” was. I thought it was one of the worst movies ever. I enjoy Angelina Jolie and I think she has done great work. I enjoyed “The Changeling” and “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” and a few other oldies like “Tomb Raider” but Salt was just plain dumb. I suppose it’s typical that she happens to already be in the right place at the right time, and she knows all these typical ‘spy tricks’ and can do some kick ass karate. She can even jump from bridges onto moving trucks several times. She can move quietly and figure out ways to kill officers and to kill the Russian President without being caught until the job is done. Skipping all the crap in the middle, like the death of her husband but the saving of her dog, and going to the end when she suddenly escapes the hospital and makes it past all the security in the world and gets on a plane (even though she is a wanted suspect and probably had a warrant for her arrest) she makes it to Russia and sneaks up on the old teacher and kills him ironically the same way he killed her husband and then blows up the school. Well, where are the children? Did she blow them up too? What happens now? The ending was so dumb. If there is a sequel I think I may have to blow myself up. I am sorry all my friends on Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter, you have TERRIBLE taste in movies if you actually thought it was good. I tried to ignore most of the comments that people posted on Facebook and I actually only commented on a few but you just lost points in my book.



I would also like to say that I HATE this dumb religious state of Idaho and the stupid Mormons that control everything and take away things from people who aren’t Mormon. I have waited for a while to see “Black Swan,” the ballet movie with Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. But it was originally going to have a NC-17 rating because it was that intense but they gave it a rating of R. Apparently this was too much for the Edwards Cinema here. They have chosen to not have it shown here. I am so disappointed. I love going to the cinema and watching new movies on the big screen. Sometimes it’s just not the same when you watch them on your TV at home. When Jackass 3d came out, they even printed tickets and advertised it as Jacka** yes, they used stars to blur out the word ass because it’s that offensive to them. Seriously, GROW UP! Ugh, these things push my buttons. I could go on about this town and how religion rules everything but I won’t. I could lose friends that way because they are too stubborn to hear other people’s views and to give other things a chance. But I suppose that’s what blogging is for. Next post….TV shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment