Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's spring break, bitches!!!!

sorry for the outrageous title...but i felt that it needed emphasis. 
aaand i swear, a lot.

since it's spring break, i haven't been online. i got on once to join a fantasy baseball team
and that was it. it took forever cuz i forgot my login junk. 
i have too many things to remember.

lots of things have happened lately. 
i've been working quite a bit.
it makes my feet really tired and my back ache. and my hands get dirty. 
but i'm getting money and that's nice to have.
i'm such a tight wad so i split my paychecks in half right now. 
1/2 to pay my college loan off
1/2 to save money for HAWAII this summer
i really want to have spending money so i'm saving a lot.
&occasionally i save like $30 bucks for spending and that's all.
so now i'm being a HUGE bargain shopper.
TJ Maxx & Downeast Outfitters & sale racks are my best friends.

i was really proud of myself the other day. i have been looking for a good necklace lately.
i went to wal mart and found one that was kinda ugly but had good charms on it.
it was put together like a blind person did it. the charms made no sense together.
so i bought the ugly necklace and took it apart.
NOW i have like 6 necklaces with different charms. 
i just switch out the charms based on my attitude for the day.
man, i'm smart ;)

i got my hair highlighted a bit ago. 
i love it. 
but as we all know it eventually fades.
it's getting to that point and my hair needs fixed. but i want to go lighter.
so...i bought this
it helps lighten dark hair to light brown.
it's going to be interesting to see how it turns out. i'm going to wait maybe one to two more weeks.
i'm still going to wait for my highlights to totally be not so good looking. 
they are good for now.

Now, moving to another story...
i entered a photo contest.
i LOVE taking photos but by no means am i amazing at it.
i have many photos that i'm proud of but i have A LOT to learn.
i would love to take a class this fall and learn some good techniques.
but it's always been on my bucket list to enter a contest. 
so i went balls deep and entered a pretty basic contest that i knew wouldn't be too tough.
i blew up a photo to an 8x10 and got a frame for it.
it went to the contest....
& I WON!
yayayaya! 
i was jazzed. 
here is a (crummy) photo of my medal
yup, i got a superior!
now it gets to go to regionals next month.
i got a lot of comments on the photo.
which btw was a picture of two kids from Africa that i took.
the lighting needed work but had a good basic story to it. 
& who doesn't love adorable African kids??

ok, well that's all i have for today. i gotta go shower and go to the health food store
and then meet up with my man to play and what not.
tomorrow i work, then get drunk ;)
(work drives me to drink)
then saturday i'm going skiing at targhee!
they have a great special for college kids...
show your school i.d. and ski for only $30!
don't pass it up! the snow is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment